Select Risk Register on the side menu.
Here you are provided with an overview of all the existing risks in place. To get started select Create New Risk.
When creating a risk you will have either two or three steps to complete (Scope will only appear if your organisation has purchased the Enhanced Risk Register):
Here you can enter key information about this risk.
- Category - Select from a predefined list of Risk Categories. These are created by system Administrators. Click here to find out how to create and amend Risk Categories.
- Description - This is a mandatory free-text box to enter the key details of the risk and provide context for others to view at a later date.
- Impact - This is an optional free-text box to explain the likely impact this risk will have.
- Supporting documents - Select Upload should you wish to add any associated documents to this risk.
- Person responsible - Chose the individual responsible for this risk. This will have defaulted to the user who is responsible for the Category you have selected, as set by the system Administrators, so if you are unsure who should be responsible, leave the name as it has defaulted.
- Notify responsible person - Select this option if you wish to email the person selected above to be notified of their responsibly for this risk.
When you are happy with your information select Next to continue.
This option will only appear if your Organisation has purchased the Enhanced Risk Register.
Use the drop-down option to select whether this risk applies to the Organisation, or a particular Region or Location.
When selecting Region or Location you will need to select the particular Region or Location in question. These are created by your system Administration.
The scope selected will also help determine who can see the risks, i.e. if a user has permission for their given location, they may be able to see all risks for their location, but not any risks for other locations.
Select Next to continue.
Select the most relevant option from the Consequences, and Likelihood matrices. You must select 1 option from each to continue. These options may differ depending on your system configuration.
Once you are happy with your selection select Create Risk at the bottom of the page:
If you are NOT the person responsible for managing this risk, you have now completed all the relevant steps to create a new risk.
If you ARE the person responsible for the risk, you will have two additional steps to complete, Review and Target.
Once complete you'll be brought to the summary page for this particular risk. Here you can:
Complete the Risk
To return to the Risk Register, and view all your risks together, select the option in the side panel or choose Risk register on the bread-crumb trail at the top left of the page.